Current members of the Society receive a free complimentary copy of the journal. However, if we can’t tempt you to join today, you can order a copy of the journal for £5.00 (excluding postage). There is also a downloadable PDF version which has the exact same formatting as the print edition but incurs no extra postage costs.
To order the print copy at £7.50 including UK postage, please write to HLHS, 24 Sunnybank Rd, Huddersfield, HD3 3DE, enclosing a cheque payable to Huddersfield Local History Society. Overseas purchasers should use the contact form before ordering so that we can advise you on postage cost.
The issue can also be ordered online via our website.
- Robert Piggott
NEWS AND EVENTS
- Talks Programme 2023-2024
- Discover Huddersfield
- Kirklees Heritage Forum
- Pedanto, the Great Pedanto, the Daring Pedanto! (David Taylor)
- Mind How You Go! (Christine Verguson)
- “Monkey Billy” at the Races (Richard Hobson)
- Fishing for Spratts (Anne Brook with Chris Marsden)
- Opposing the Evils and Enormities of War (David Griffiths)
- Growing Up in Post-war Huddersfield (Stephen Bann)
- Almondbury’s Hamlets: Lowerhouses (Chris Smith)
BOOK NOTICES & REVIEWS
- Cyril Pearce
- Stuart Davies (1953-2022)
- Sandra Harling (1943-2023)
- Mavis Curtis (1936-2023)